Things have been super insane around here the last few days. And most
of this blog post has been done for awhile... for some reason I thought
I had posted it but apparently not....Sorry for the delay.
Day 21- Favorite posts on my blog.
Honestly I havent done enough posts to have favorites.... but I think this one is my funniest.
Day 22 - Rant about something...
My friend Heather posted this video about the curriculum they are using in the schools. I
am so disturbed. While I agree that children need to be made aware of
things that are going on in the world I don't feel that a school should
be teaching my child how to manipulate people (including me...cause
trust me my kids already know how to do that) to get the outcome they
want. I wanted to send my kids to learn to read, write, and do math
(with out the socialist agenda attached to it). To love to learn
learning. The longer I watched the video the more my heart sank into my
stomach. It could be the reason I end up home schooling after
kindergarten. Depending on what curriculum I can find that won't blow my mind, patience or wallet.
Day 23 - Something I have learned that they don't teach in school....
That
it doesn't really matter how smart you are as long as you look good.
Think about it for a minute. More and more what you see in any sort of
media is the women (and men) who have done who knows what to look like
Greek gods. The ridiculous amount of pressure we place on ourselves to
look like models and actors is insane. And it's effecting kids, you see
the 'clicks' at schools. I'm not saying we should give up exercise or
vegetables ... I'm saying be healthy! Moderation people, it's not good
to starve your self! It's not good to starve your mind either! I know
that first impressions make a big impact. How ever I have learned to not
judge a book by it's cover.
Day 24 - My top 3 worst traits....
1.
Procrastinator....I am notoriously waiting to do things until the last
minute. Some would says it's because I like the pressure. I would say
it's because I get distracted easily.
2. Over
Analytical...I tend to think about everything and mentally beat a dead
horse. Sometimes it works in my favor but more often then not it just
drives me and my husband insane.
3. Semi-Obsessive... I
have a tendency to get obsessive about things, Indians, musics, art,
doula work, etc.... and generally when I'm in the obsessive moments I
tend to talk about and research nothing else... lol...
Day
25 - Something someone told me about myself (good or bad)... I received
a blessing when I was a teenager (for my LDS friends it was my
patriarchal blessing). Anywho, he told me that I would be a ray of
sunshine to peoples lives who were dark. I have spent most of my life
trying to live up to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment