Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog all fo May: Day 10 through 14

So I can't even tell you how many times I've tried to post this..my computer is trying to thwart my blogging efforts (it keeps deleting everything).

 Day 10- Most embarrassing moment-

When you have kids it seems like you have an ongoing embarrassing moment that never ends especially while they are young. I'll go with one that isn't graphic... lol at least to me

As a breastfeeding mother you have a number of issues... but my favorite is while standing in the line at the grocery store.

While standing in line all three of the kids are in full on meltdown mode. Screaming and crying. I'm holding Scott (who is starving because it took 2 hours to do what should have been a 30 minute trip), Clayton is on my leg wanting to be picked up and Haylie is full on having a drama queen moment because she wants to go play the claw machine and get a stuffed animal. I'm digging in my huge purse (because I hate diaper bags and would rather it be a purse) to try and find my wallet. Only to realize that the clerk is straight up staring at my breasts and getting very red in the face. Annoyed I reply, "Is there a problem?" As I swipe my card and try to get the rest of the groceries back into the cart. He coughs and sputters, "Well... um.... it appears that you are..... um... leaking..... and I think your baby might need a diaper change." He hands me my receipt.

I look down at my chest to realize that I'm not just leaking I'm soaked. And the baby has a full on blow out which is now smeared all over the place because I've been juggling him to get out of the store. Oh and it's also on Clayton...with my head hanging down I sulk back to the van.

Trust me when I say that I have many more embarrassing moments.... but since I'm behind on blogging that will have to wait until another day.

Day 11- Sell myself in 10 words or less....

Honestly this is not my strong suit.... but here goes.

Loyal, compassionate, humorous, inquisitive,  passionate. eccentric, eclectic, semi-artistic, maternal, and some would say a tad hippie'ish (I would say non-judgmental).

Day 12- What do I miss?

I miss my best friend and sister Michelle. We lived together for a long time when I was living in Las Vegas, it was quite an adventure. Then she moved to California and I moved to Colorado. Now I live in Utah and she lives in Texas. We still talk on the phone almost every day (or at least we try to), she is one of the very few who truly understands me (I mean it's her, my mom and my husband. But let's be honest even the hubby doesn't always get it). She has put me back together after a number of unfortunate incidents. And for some reason she has always had a profound belief in my potential. She is the glue that keeps me together on a regular basis. I love her more then words can ever describe,

I miss my twenties... concerts, staying out late and then rushing home to get ready for work, waking up in the morning and not feeling every joint and muscle hurting, blasting the music in the car as loud as possible. Now I have it on but it's very low and I make fun of people who listen to it really loud...I mean don't they know what they are doing to their ears?

Geez when did I turn into and old lady? But I wouldn't change anything that has happened it has made me who I am.

Day 13- A public apology

I'm sorry for the blood curdling screams that come from my children everyday. I'm sure that my neighbors think I'm either murdering my children or they are murdering me. It's often a game between Haylie and Clayton to see who can scream the loudest and highest pitch. I have tried everything to get them to stop. They think it's funny when I tell them they are making my ears bleed. So I am truly sorry if we woke you from a nap, made your dog howl, or made you cringe. We are in the process (and I'm sure we will be for some time) of trying to teach them volume control.

Day 14- 10 things that make me really happy.


1. Baby rolls. I love babies. I love the way they smell, their little fingers and toes. But most of all I love their little baby rolls. You know what I'm talking about right? As they hit around 3 months old they start getting chubby and their little legs, arms, chin, ankles and belly get these little rolls. I don't know why. But this honestly makes me happy. Maybe it's because instinctively I know that the baby is obviously well fed and generally that means they are well taken care of and loved.

2. Watching my husband play with the kids. Cheesy I know, I love to see them playing and laughing together. It makes my heart swell up. There was a point in my life when I thought I wasn't going to have kids. So to watch them with him makes the world seem right.

3. Hearing my children say I love you. Most mothers know this feeling. It has been especially powerful for me with Clayton. I was worried for a long time because he wasn't talking much at all. But he has made huge strides in the last six months to try and communicate with us. The other day I was putting him down for nap and as I covered him up with his blanket he said in this sweet little voice, "Tanks Mom." I smiled and said you are welcome. He wiggled around a bit then smiled at me and said. "Love you." And my heart nearly exploded. Similarly Haylie busted out with "you are the best mom ever I love you," after I made chocolate chip pancakes for dinner one night.

4. Nap time. I'm very lucky that all of my children still take naps. There is something blissful about having the house completely quite for one to two hours in the middle of the day. If I'm really lucky I get to take a nap with them.

5. Music. Oh my I could honestly talk about music in great length. But this is honestly one of the things in my life that I couldn't live with out. It calms me on bad days and give me energy on days that seem to drag. Sometimes it's as if someone has poured out into the music exactly what my soul has been feeling.

6. A good book. I have been caught on a number of occasions downstairs under the lamp at 2:00 a.m.. Romance, mystery, fantasy, educational, etc....doesn't really matter. I'm at chronically reading three to four books at a time. I have an over active brain. Reading allows my brain a chance to shut the rest of my brain up at least for a little bit.

7. Craft projects. I have a bunch of craft or sewing projects going on at one time. I wish I could just focus and do one at a time but that's not how I work (hence the blog title of Domestic A.D.D). But there is nothing like the feeling of finishing a project that you have been working on for weeks (OK maybe months or years in some cases).

8. Chocolate. I know it's lame since 95% of the female population feels the same way. It's my personal crack. Recently I have been trying to avoid chocolate for a couple of reasons. 1. It makes my baby a tad pukey. And since I deal with enough issues I try to avoid cleaning up extra messes. 2. It really doesn't help my weight issue. However my husband has requested (after finding me in the pantry with a spoon, a jar of Nutella, and a jar of peanut butter), that maybe instead of going cold turkey that I should just try having a small piece every few days. When asked why...he said that I had been cranky and sort of mean, and then at least I wouldn't feel guilty about hiding in the pantry.

9. Antiques. Not all of them. I have some special ones that I inherited from my family and some that I have found over the years. I like the history of them. Sometimes I imagine the stories they could tell if they could talk. I know it's silly.

And for the completion of total randomness...

10. Indians. I don't even know how to explain this one. Since I was little I have been fascinated by them. I used to have dreams that I was one. I mean like full on technicolor dreams the kind where you wake and can't tell where you are because it was so real. I even told my brothers (when they were little like 3 and 5 years old) that they Indians had left me on the porch because I had been born with blond hair and blue eyes. I didn't know that they believed me for years afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment