"If we wait until we are ready we'll be waiting the rest of our lives." Lemony Snicket
Why do I love this quote? For a couple of reasons. One, I tend to over think things for extended periods of time. Come on I have know for at least the last ten years that I want to work in the maternity field, but I mulled over where to start instead of doing something/anything about it and BAM! Ten years have gone by. Two, I think in general people say to themselves "When the kids get bigger" or "When we are more financially stable" etc... I'm not saying go buy a house when your unemployed, I'm saying that if the opportunity arises... Seize the day!
"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure which is: "try to please everybody." Herbert Bayard Swope
I try to remember this as often as possible... I have a terrible habit of trying to make everyone happy. And inevitably I end up super stressed, tired, overwhelmed, and falling apart at the seems. So then I feel the need to put on a big smiley face and pretending that everything is fine. I've have been getting better over the years. But it does still happen, and for some reason when it's happening this quote always manages to make it's way back into my life.
There are at least 100 more quotes I could use or that I really love, but these are the ones that I try to remind my self on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment