Friday, May 31, 2013

Blogging all of May - Day 29, 30 and 31

Day 29 - 5 Songs that speak to me...

As most of you that know me will guess this was extremely difficult to choose just 5 songs... this could change on a daily basis.. so for today this is my 5.

1. Cyndi Laupers- Fearless

2. Josh Groban - You raise me up

3.Ani DiFranco - 32 Flavors

4. Pink - Perfect (Clean Version)

5. Katy Perry - Firework

Day 30 - Reacting to the term "Letting Go"

Over the years I have learned that it takes infinitely more energy to hang on to the past. Not saying we should let go of the lessons learned, but more the emotional baggage attached to them. It's not easy to let go. It takes practice. I'm getting plenty of it being a parent.

Day 31 - A vivid memory

One of my most vivid memories is the day my husband asked me to marry him. We hadn't been dating for very long. But hadn't spent more then a day or two apart since we met three months earlier. We were sitting on our porch at our duplex enjoying the summer morning. Talking about our plans. He got really quiet, took my hand in his and said. "Let's get married." I didn't blubber like a normal girl would I simply said "OK." He rushed into the house to get his keys, we drove down to the county office and applied for our license. Two days later we were married. All without telling our families anything. Infact we didn't tell our families for months after the fact. And we have never regretted it. We are coming up on our 7th anniversary, and I can't imagine my life with out him.


No comments:

Post a Comment