Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog all of May - Day 3: Things that make me uncomfortable

There are very few things that make me uncomfortable in the long run of things. But here are a few that get me...

1. Shoes... I know you are thinking what?! But honestly I love the idea of shoes with their beads, buckles and laces. I love to shop for shoes. But I would rather go barefoot or wear flip flops (I seriously own 10 pairs of flip flops). And 9 times out of 10 when you see me I'm either barefoot or in flip flops. I don't like my feet to feel confined, it feels like I'm suffocating when I wear "normal" shoes.

2. People who think it's ok to open my cute car seat cover to peak and poke at my baby. I'm not talking about people I know (like my grandma or friends from church), I'm talking about complete strangers standing behind you in line at the grocery store sticking in their hands to pinch at my brand new baby. I don't know you why do you think that's ok? Sort of on the same line...why do random strangers think it's ok to go around rubbing pregnant women's bellies? Hello?! Do you have no boundaries? I don't know you or where you have been. Are you sick ? Do you wash your hands? So unless you know me don't touch me or my baby.

3. Complete strangers giving you parenting advice. Ok, I know this sounds witchy... I'm sure they have good intentions. But honestly, when I'm standing in line holding my toddler and swinging the car seat back and forth to keep the baby from loosing it I don't want to hear that I should let my baby just cry, etc. I didn't turn around and ask you "What do you think I should do?" Like wise I don't want to hear about what you did with your kids or your grand kids. I'm on a mission to get in and out of the store with all possible speed, with the least amount of causalities.

Like I said there isn't much that really makes me uncomfortable....

No comments:

Post a Comment