Day 16: Something difficult about my "lot" in life...... and what I'm doing to change it.
Money...
ugh it is truly the root of all of our problems. I know it is for a lot
of people. The past few years have been extremely rough on us. Cliff
works in the construction field and for those of you who don't know how
that works, it's usually 6 months on and 6 months off. We have been on
the verge of losing our house more than once. And without the help from
our church and our families we would be in a much worse situation.
What
am I doing to change it... well, it's the little things really. I clip
coupons. We have gotten rid of a lot of the little extra things. I try
to make as much stuff at home as possible and now that the baby is a
little older I'm looking for a night job. I'm not super excited about
going back to work (since I haven't had a real "JOB" since the week before
Haylie was born, five and half years. It's a long time. But I'm willing
to do it because we need to bring in some extra money to survive the
slow times).
Day 17: My favorite photo of my self.
This
photo its OLD (like 10 years old from my wild and crazy days... in this photo it's like 1am and we have been dancing all night. I'm pretty sure we didn't get home until 4 or 5 am). I'm not
sure it's my favorite photo, I don't really like photos of me. But since
it's with my sister Michelle and our room mate Natalie... it reminds me of being young. Not that
I'm old (but I do feel old most days.)
Day 18: Childhood Story.....
Oh dear.... I think one of my fondest memories/stories from my childhood would be going to visit my great grandma. She had a house down by the train tracks in Orem. It was a tiny little white house with a very neat little lawn. In the back she had an old school clothes line that my cousins and I played on, and a huge tractor tire that she had turned into a planter full of strawberry plants. Her house was filled with plants and special little knick knacks.
She liked to play pinocle, and so my mom and my aunts and uncles would come over and play with her. While my cousins and I ran around like little heathens in the back. Even though the back yard was quite small there was a field that ran behind it. We would go through the back gate and run through the field down to the creek, we caught garden snakes and water skeeters. Pretended we were Indians or pioneers and various other things, made mud pies and imaginary medicine with plants. We were never bored. We would be gone all day, or until our stomachs were growling and we needed some sort of food. I remember being barefoot running through the field and thinking how I would always do this. I feel bad for our kids today who don't have as much freedom to explore and use their imaginations because we have deemed it too dangerous.
Day 19: 5 Favorite blogs and why I love them...
Fun, Cheap or Free She is simply genius... I love all her tips and her advice on starting a budget and keeping it are great and realistic.
One Good Thing by Jillee She has tons of great recipes for home cleaning products. Including my favorite stain remover.
Birth without Fear This is truly so empowering to many women in so many situations.
everything essentially me This isn't a blog so much as a reference guide to using essential oils... I love it .. I use it everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.
Made by Rae Love Love Love all the patterns and tips on here.. since I still consider my self a novice seamstress.

No comments:
Post a Comment