Sunday, July 3, 2011

Spray paint crazy

I'm really not sure who to give credit to on these but I have been just a little spray paint crazy. My husband thinks I'm insane. Here are just a few of the things I've recently spray painted.

I found this cute metal bread box at the DI for $2 (local thrift store...which is another new obsession stalking the DI). But didn't want just plain metal (it had this weird pink tinge to it). And after sanding it the hubs apparently thought I wanted him to paint it. So after his experience with it, there was much more sanding needed. But I love the way it came out minus the sanding.

Before


After (i love love the color)



Then there is this little tray that I picked up for $1 in a different trip to the DI. not as happy about the way this one turned out but I love the color. I may have to experiment with the final finish (antique it ? or maybe high gloss...hmmmmm).
Before



After (all the cute containers on the tray also came from the DI or other treasure hunting trips, the roses came from the bushes in front of my house)

I also picked up two mirrors for less than $10 (that's right two large mirrors for less than $10 combined) but they aren't finished. Looking forward to getting them done and posted.

This blogging thing is kinda fun even when you have no followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment