Friday, July 22, 2011

Oh my ...

Been a super crazy week. But I promised to post some pictures of the recent treasure hunt finds.... here goes...




Ok I know what your thinking... There are two of these... I swear the idea in my head looks alot better than they do here....as soon as I finish the other pieces that go to it I'll do an entire post.

Ok this dresser has been a complete nightmare. Whoever painted it before did a horrible job. And it has been quite the adventure trying to sand it. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE high gloss paint.



So the same day that I bought that dresser we saw the thrift store throwing out this desk. I almost died. And the guy running the front loader must have seen the look of horror on my face cause he asked if I wanted it. I almost fell out of the truck in my haste to get to it. It's in way better shape then the dresser and it was FREE.



I think I may have a desk fetish. I have six in my house now. Um... yeah... but this one is going to be used as an end table... totally needs to be sanded and refinished (it is on the list ...did I mention that there are like 25 projects on my list.)



This fire grate was found at a local antique shop... There is at least 20 years of paint on it.. not sure if I'm going to strip it and repaint it or just leave it as it is..
Isn't this a neat old tool box.... I'm using it to hold our remotes .... lol...I love it.


These will end up being magnet boards.

And this is getting painted and turning into a craft notions storage.... super excited about it.

There are more treasures but my little one is having a melt down.

No comments:

Post a Comment